Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Ali, Mohammad" <Mo...@genpact.com> on 2014/03/17 12:05:17 UTC

threads not getting killed when shutting down the route incase of inflight message

Hi,

We are using camel 2.9.0. We are facing one issue with camel route threads not getting killed when there are inflight messages in the camel routes and we stops the route. It waits for 5 minutes for the inflight message to get processed, but after 5 minutes it kills the route, but when we see through jconsole we found that the threads are still alive for the route in memory.
To kill the routes we have to re-start our application.

Any guide will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Shadab Ali
E: mohammad.ali5@genpact.com<ma...@genpact.com>

This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only
by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and disclosure or copying of its
contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended recipients must notify the sender immediately
by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies or disclosing it to a third person.

Re: threads not getting killed when shutting down the route incase of inflight message

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

That is expected if you cannot shutdown graceful in 5 minutes, then a
forced shutdown happens, which may leave threads in the JVM.

That could indicate you have to ensure resources gets properly shutdown.

--
Claus Ibsen