Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Phil Hoy <ph...@friendsreunited.co.uk> on 2012/01/11 12:38:59 UTC

solrcloud replicating new cores

Hi,

Is it possible to configure solr using solrcloud and the distribution handler such that if a new core is added to the master then that core is added and replicated to the slaves.

Phil

Re: solrcloud replicating new cores

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 6:38 AM, Phil Hoy <ph...@friendsreunited.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to configure solr using solrcloud and the distribution
> handler such that if a new core is added to the master then that core is
> added and replicated to the slaves.
>
> Phil

Hey Phil,

Not currently. With the SolrCloud work in the SolrCloud branch, there is no
master/slave in that sense. If you add a new core, it will replicate from
the current leader of the shard you assign the SolrCore, or it will be
added automatically to a shard based on where it looks like its needed. A
leader is different than a master. The new SolrCore will read about it's
config from the shared config files in ZooKeeper based on the collection it
is in. In this model, I'm not sure what you are asking makes sense.

Your question does make sense in a distributed Solr, but non SolrCloud
world. SolrCloud is not intended to work with the old Master/Slave setup
though.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com