Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by "WILLIAMS, PAUL H" <pw...@att.com> on 2018/06/12 20:23:01 UTC

ERROR Management$ Unable to connect to all storage backends successfully. PredictionIO CentOS 7 [on hold]

I am having difficulty setting up my virtual environment here are the details below:

System and Virtual Box: Windows 7 and HP Zbook

Virtual Environment: CentOS 7 with Vagrant Supervisor

Me: I am not an expert at linux by any means and code mostly in Python and SQL. Thus detailed explanations and solutions are much appreciated. Thank you in advance for the help.
Firstly I followed all instructions verbatim that were given here: https://www.vultr.com/docs/how-to-install-and-use-apache-predictionio-for-machine-learning-on-centos-7
Upon start up of PIO I get this error message seen at the bottom:

[root@localhost ~]# pio status
[INFO] [Management$] Inspecting PredictionIO...
[INFO] [Management$] PredictionIO 0.12.0-incubating is installed at /opt/PredictionIO-0.12.0-incubating
[INFO] [Management$] Inspecting Apache Spark...
[INFO] [Management$] Apache Spark is installed at /opt/PredictionIO-0.12.0-incubating/vendors/spark-2.1.1-bin-hadoop2.7
[INFO] [Management$] Apache Spark 2.1.1 detected (meets minimum requirement of 1.3.0)
[INFO] [Management$] Inspecting storage backend connections...
[INFO] [Storage$] Verifying Meta Data Backend (Source: ELASTICSEARCH)...
[ERROR] [Management$] Unable to connect to all storage backends successfully.
Connection refused (java.net.ConnectException)

Dumping configuration of initialized storage backend sources.
Please make sure they are correct.

Source Name: ELASTICSEARCH; Type: elasticsearch; Configuration: HOME -> /opt/PredictionIO-0.12.0-incubating/vendors/elasticsearch-5.5.2, HOSTS -> localhost, PORTS -> 9200, SCHEMES -> http, CLUSTERNAME -> pio, TYPE -> elasticsearch

The following shows the error message from the storage backend.

What am I doing wrong?