Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Nuno Coelho <ng...@campus.fct.unl.pt> on 2019/07/14 00:54:03 UTC

Message delivery guarantees

Hi there! I intend to use your framework but have a question to which I
cannot find an answer. So Edgent is basically an "Edge Stream Processor" as
I understand. What are the guarantees of message delivery?

Hope you reply back, and really appreciate if you do, as it is for a
master's degree.
Cheers!

Re: Message delivery guarantees

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi Nuno,

first, thanks for the question and nice to hear from you.
Regarding your question to message delivery guarantees... Edgent does not have any sophisticated mechanism so it is basically NONE.
Although, in practice, as its not distributed often times messages are just passed between threads (which is basically exactly once).

What kind of guarantees would you need or could you explain a bit more about your use case?
Perhaps something like Apache NiFi could be of interest for you [1].
They have excellent policy and guarantees for messages.

Julian

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/