Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Inge Solvoll <ta...@ingenett.com> on 2005/09/13 08:48:01 UTC

Encoding problem

When I submit norwegian characters (æ, ø, å) in a form, they are not
encoded correctly. They look something like this when received by the
tapestry page class:

^A, Ô

Right now, my app properties that concerns encoding are not changed from
default values. If you don't know what I'm talking about:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/3.0.3/doc/TapestryUsersGuide/configuration.character-sets.html

I have tried changing those properties a bit to see what happens, but I
have only managed to make it even worse. Any ideas?

Re: Encoding problem

Posted by Inge Solvoll <ta...@ingenett.com>.
Hi, thanks, but I actually managed to solve this issue myself now. I put
these to lines in my .application file:

   <property name="org.apache.tapestry.template-encoding"
value="ISO-8859-1"/>
   <property name="org.apache.tapestry.output-encoding"
value="ISO-8859-1"/>

I guess the first line is the one that makes the difference, encoding
the templates in IS-8859-1 instead of UTF-8.

Inge

Re: Encoding problem