Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Vic Cekvenich <ce...@baseBeans.com> on 2003/11/12 00:24:53 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-struts/doc/resources archives.xml consultants.xml powered.xml sigs.xml

Martin Cooper wrote:
  You've attacked <SNIP>
  ... Craig.

Craig attacked me.

  All the
> while, you've been told that appropriate measures are being taken by the
> appropriate people

I was not told that! Do you have a link? You can send a private mail if
you'd like, not to fan the falmes.

, but still you whine on with your "guilty until proven
> innocent" attitude.

On general list, I linked the interface where TSS post in esence proved
that the code that showed up... was not ASF license. It's on general, do
you want a link? That was  proof as far as I am concrened.
Also the circstances of all this code showing up and the timing of it
made it very suspicions to me.

> If you feel "dirty" to be using Struts now, you are perfectly free to use
> something else instead.

I have invested some 4 years into Struts.

> see absolutely no reason that you should expect free publicity

You mean the fact that I was hosting a few popular Jakrata newsgroups,
commons, tags, and Struts and *paying for the bandwith*, not charging
anyone to the benefit of Struts community? Free publicity? In the same
way  UNC hosts Maven and provides bandith?
This was way long before there were alternatives (Gmane). Some people
did not want to sign up to the mail list, they just wanted to browse the
messages. Now, there is an alternative for newsgroups, so the fact that
baseBeans supported it for year, counts for nothing. Real nice.

And this is for supporting OSS!
I would would companies hire Apache comitters if there is a precident of
ASF taking code and refactoring it and "owning" it. I think it should be
crystal clear the ethic in here.

> I fully support Craig's action in updating the Struts site today.

You might also state which way you support the code alegations and what
should be done about it.

.V