Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Dees, Ian (GE Healthcare)" <Ia...@ge.com> on 2007/03/15 16:51:15 UTC

Simple Dependencies List

Hi List,

Is there a maven command/plugin/etc. that I could use to generate a
simple text file that lists all of the dependencies for a certain
project?

For example, I'd like to see this if I'm in "projectA"'s directory:

projectA
  jarA
    jarA-A
    jarA-v
  jarB
    jarS-2
      jarZXY
  jarC
    jarS-2
      jarZXY
    jarS-4

Ian

Re: Simple Dependencies List

Posted by Andrew Williams <an...@handyande.co.uk>.
The belp plugin currently under development has a "dependencies"
goal, so you could build that from trunk if you want.

Andy

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
There is not currently any way to filter the logging statements. This
is under discussion on Maven Dev list recently as an area which
requires improvement.

So until then, I'd suggest liberal usage of sed, awk, grep, etc. ;-)

Wayne

Posted by Patrick Schneider <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ian,

Posted by "Dees, Ian (GE Healthcare)" <Ia...@ge.com>.

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 15/03/07, Brian E. Fox <br...@reply.infinity.nu> wrote:
> There is a maven-dependency-tree-plugin in the sandbox that does exactly
> this. I think we where talking about merging it with maven-dependency
> but it hasn't happened yet. We are currently merging the
> dependency-analyzer first.

It's actually maven-dependency-tree in maven/shared, and then
help:dependencies in maven-help-plugin that utilises it.  But yep, we
agreed to move help:dependencies into dependency:tree.

So Ian, you could install the trunk of maven-help-plugin and use that right now.

Cheers,

Mark

RE: Simple Dependencies List

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.