Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org> on 2020/03/06 09:34:39 UTC

Demo instance for OFBiz 17.12 release and remove 13.07 demo

Hello team,
Current we have three demo instances [1] for OFBiz.

-- Current Stable Release 16.11 - Demo
https://demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/main

-- Developer Trunk - Demo
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/main

-- Previous Stable Release 13.07 - Demo
https://demo-old.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/main

As we have our new OFBiz release 17.12, should we think of taking the
following actions:

1. The 'Current Stable Release' instance should have release 17.12
i.e. demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org should deploy on release 17.12

2. The 'Previous Stable Release' instance should have release 16.11
i.e. demo-old.ofbiz.apache.org should deploy on 16.11

After this migration, we will *no longer have 13.07 - Demo* instance.

Here are some more details about the 13.07 demo instance.
The 13.07 instance gets down abruptly very frequently.
After this, it requires manual interaction to restart, in recent times
Jacques and I manually restarted it many times.
Looking at the current scenarios, it seems our users are also not
using 13.07 demo instance on a frequent basis, because no one from our
users reports us when it is down ;-)

[1] https://ofbiz.apache.org/ofbiz-demos.html

Best regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
ofbiz.apache.org

Re: Demo instance for OFBiz 17.12 release and remove 13.07 demo

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@apache.org>.
+1 Thanks Swapnil

Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Sharma

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
+1

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
We could also decide to reduce the burden (on INRA - cost wise, and on
contributors - maintenance wise ) to only have 1 demo implementation. That
against latest release.

With current enhancement under
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/pull/43 (potential) adopters can
evaluate and/or test the latest in trunk easily in a contained environment.
And the same goes for developers/contributors.

As for 'Previous Stable Release', without any data we can't tell whether
this serves and desire or need. So, should we keep it?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Pierre Smits
*Proud* *contributor** of* Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/> since
2008 (without privileges)

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Swapnil,

Exactly my thoughts, +1

Jacques

Posted by Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org>.
Hello team,
I am planning to upgrade the demo instances next week.
If you have any feedback or thoughts,
please feel free to comment at

- Best regards,
Swapnil M Mane,