Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Kommuru, Bhaskar" <Bh...@standardbank.co.za> on 2004/06/11 16:22:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Tuning httpd.conf for 2048 users

Hi friends,

As I posted before, we are expecting 2048 concurrent users to our
Apache2.0.49 on Solaris2.8. This apache binary came with "prefork.c" mpm
module.

My settings are as below
<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers                16
ServerLimit                  2048
MaxClients                  2048
MinSpareServers          16
MaxSpareServers         32
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

In fact, I could not do a proper load test to confirm these settings, as
there are some problems in my network. In the mean time, I would like to see
your comments on these settings, if it OK..or any more suggestins.
It is a bit urgent for our meetings.

Thanks in advance
BK

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For information about the Standard Bank group visit our web site <www.standardbank.co.za>
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Standard Bank Group Limited  is proprietary to the group.
It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law.
Standard Bank does not own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that of the group.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally reached you and do not read,
disclose or use the content in any way.
Standard Bank can not assure that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

RE: [users@httpd] Tuning httpd.conf for 2048 users

Posted by Vasiliy Boulytchev <va...@boulytcheva.com>.
Ladies and Gents,
	Whats the best practice at monitoring such?
Hostname.com/server-info/ or server-status?  I just want to know if all my
clients are getting served :)

Vasiliy Boulytchev
Colorado Information Technologies, Inc.
http://www.coinfotech.com