Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Clement Jebakumar <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/10 21:02:19 UTC

I have a karaf custom build which has some 12 bundles. And have configured
log4j in some of the bundles.

I can see one of the bundle issuing the warning 'log4j:WARN No appenders
could be found for logger"

Other bundles works fine and logs go to the karaf.log file. Facing the
issue with only one bundle.

How to fix it. As far as i know, i didnt do any special configurations.

*Clement Jebakumar,*
111/27 Keelamutharamman Kovil Street,
Tenkasi, 627 811
http://www.declum.com/clement.html

Re: log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You shouldn't configure log4j stuff in your customer bundle, all logging should be delegated to OPS4J PAX-LOGGING OSGI logging service, that said, you should configure log4j in $KARAF_HOME/etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
weibo: @Freeman小屋

www.camelone.org : The open source integration conference:

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
I'vent encountered that problem by now. It could be a problem in your
exports/imports or some embedded libraries. You best chance might be to
check the content of your manifests.xml and bundle and compare it to your
other bundles.

Kind regards,
Andreas