Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sean <se...@emazing.com> on 2002/10/11 21:31:42 UTC

deploy on https

How can I deploy an axis web service using https protocol on port 443.

I've successfully deployed the same service using http across port 80. When
I try to deploy it using:

> java
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient -lhttps://<hostname>:443/services/AdminServic
e deploy.wsdd

It throws javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Couldn't find trusted certificate
Which makes sense because the AdminClient doens't have any knowlege of the
certificate that I created.
How can I make the AdminClient aware of the self-signed JSSE keystore that I
created, so I can
deploy the service across https?

https://<hostname>/ is responding and the axis server is happily running (i.e.
happyaxis.jsp).

I'm using:
Resin 2.1.2
JDK 1.4
JSSE 1.0.3
Axis 1.0

Thanks in advance,
Sean Moore
Emazing Inc.

Parser Support in axis1,0

Posted by Kumar Vinit <kv...@pramati.com>.
Hi All,
With beta3 of axis,i was facing some problem working with crimson+jaxp jars,
and the work around was,"work with xereces.jar"
Is this issue resolved and tested in Axis1.0.
Can i, instead of xereces work wtih crimson??
expecting an early reply.
thanks
kumar vinit

Re: deploy on https

Posted by Martin Jericho <ma...@radiocity.com.au>.
Is there any reason why you particularly want to deploy using SSL?  You can
deploy using port 80 and your webservice will still be available on port
443.