Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by roz dev <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/19 04:58:16 UTC

what is the default value of omitNorms and termVectors in solr schema

Hi

As per this document, http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldOptionsByUseCase,
omitNorms and termVectors have to be "explicitly" specified in some cases.

I am wondering what is the default value of these settings if solr schema
definition does not state them.

*Example:*

<field name="ql_path" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>

In above case, will Solr create norms for this field and term vector as
well?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Saroj

Re: what is the default value of omitNorms and termVectors in solr schema

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
From Solr's example schema.xml: "omitTermFreqAndPositions attribute introduced, true by default except for text fields" (meaning TextField's)

And term vectors most definitely are false by default.  Also from the example schema.xml: "termVectors: [false] set to true to store the term vector for a given field."

	Erik