Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2014/03/04 22:37:47 UTC

Publishing plugins in cordova-plugins

statusbar and keyboard are published already.

I *think* Shaz was having trouble updating them though? (and I think I
fixed the bug in plugman just yesterday).

Noticed that they fail the whitelist check in plugman, so with a recent
version of plugman you wouldn't be able to publish them.

And... Since these plugins are somewhat experimental and we're starting the
process of voting and publishing plugins to dist/, I wonder:

a) Should we change the ID of these plugins to, say
"org.apache.cordova.labs"
b) Should we move these plugins to github and have them not under apache
for now, e.g.: com.shazron.statusbar
c) Should we just add them to the plugin release process.
d) Should we just never publish them to the registry and have people use
them via git url.

What do people think?

Current motive is that I would like file-system-roots to be published.

Re: Publishing plugins in cordova-plugins

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
a) I'm biased, but I think they should be core still :P
b) that assumes someone wants to take the sole responsibility of this on
c) not sure
d) why not? it's still a plugin

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
Feel that statusbar is popular enough that it should be considered core.
Feel that keyboard and file-system-root are both worthy of first class
support too.

In favor of just adding/graduating them to the whole /dist publishing
policy.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
There is now a client-side whitelist of plugins that can be published under
org.apache.cordova.* It lives at plugman/src/registry/whitelist.js.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
I'll get the threads going

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Re: Adding platform Firfoxos fails

Posted by Piotr Zalewa <pz...@mozilla.com>.
Before it gets to production, a quick and dirty solution is to downgrade
cordova to a 3.4.0-0.1.0 version. I've got no idea how it affects apps
or other platforms.

npm install cordova@3.4.0-0.1.0 -g

Piotr

Piotr Zalewa