Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Marcos Chaves <mc...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/26 01:52:19 UTC

[Bug?] Some characters not rendered correctly on WinXP

Hi.

Matheus Leite noticed on the users list that the 'ã' and 'õ' are not
correctly rendered on WinXP for the translated messages, when the
regional settings are set to 'Brazil'. I guess this has the same
effect as setting 'LANG' to 'pt_BR' for Unix.

Is this something that can be fixed on the way the package is built?

Should an issue be opened in this case?

  >svn --version
  svn, vers_o 1.1.1 (r11581)
     compiledo Oct 23 2004, 14:47:47

  Copyright (C) 2000-2004 CollabNet.

Thanks,

Marcos

Re: [Bug?] Some characters not rendered correctly on WinXP

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Marcos Chaves wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Matheus Leite noticed on the users list that the 'ã' and 'õ' are not
> correctly rendered on WinXP for the translated messages, when the
> regional settings are set to 'Brazil'. I guess this has the same
> effect as setting 'LANG' to 'pt_BR' for Unix.
>
> Is this something that can be fixed on the way the package is built?
>
> Should an issue be opened in this case?
>
>  >svn --version
>  svn, vers_o 1.1.1 (r11581)
>     compiledo Oct 23 2004, 14:47:47

I've seen this before. Most likely the OEM codepage used by the console
doesn't know about those characters. Sooner or later I hope to use
Unicode output functions in SVN itself and let the system do the
necessary conversions.