Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/19 22:20:30 UTC

Solr Ref Guide for 4.7

Since we're in the process of releasing a 4.7 of Lucene and Solr, we need
to get the Solr Ref Guide updated. There are a lot of changes and it would
be nice to get them documented.

If you committed something for Solr that's going into this release, please
take a look at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr to see if
any content needs to be updated for 4.7.

If you notice something that needs to be added, removed or otherwise
changed:

- as a committer, you are welcome to change it!
- comment on a page that needs the change, or is related to content that
should be added
- you can open a jira issue
- you can reply to this email

Of particular importance is to make sure the sections on SolrCloud and the
Collections API are updated.

Even if you didn't commit anything, please help review and find things that
need to be fixed!

I'm hoping to cut a first RC of the Ref Guide sometime Friday afternoon or
this weekend.

Thanks,
Cassandra

Re: Solr Ref Guide for 4.7

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
FYI: if you hadn't noticed, we've got a TODO page tracking all of the
"features" listed in changes ...

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Internal+-+TODO+List

...if you see something something isn't done yet, please feel free to help
out with it -- even if it is done (ie: struck out), please help review the
changes on the linked page so we get another set of eyeballs.

:
: - as a committer, you are welcome to change it!
: - comment on a page that needs the change, or is related to content that
: should be added
: - you can open a jira issue
: - you can reply to this email
:
: Of particular importance is to make sure the sections on SolrCloud and the
: Collections API are updated.
:
: Even if you didn't commit anything, please help review and find things that
: need to be fixed!
:
: I'm hoping to cut a first RC of the Ref Guide sometime Friday afternoon or
: this weekend.
:
: Thanks,
: Cassandra