Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by JP <je...@ixaris.com> on 2010/06/28 10:50:12 UTC

Shindig OpenSocial 0.9 Templating (Custom Tags)

I am having a bit of a problem with getting a reply with this code on the
users mailing list, so I thought I'd post it here.

I have tried various variants of the below code (e.g.
<myapp:myapp:HelloWorld/> as suggested in the users mailing list to no
avail)

Thanks...

Posted by JP <je...@ixaris.com>.
Hi Chirag,

Good news - text.xml is working!!  Many thanks for that (I am reproducing it
hereunder for completeness of the thread, I hope you don't mind)...
Brilliant
Unfortunately custom.xml is not - with exactly your code - possibly there
are some constructs not supported by 1.1-beta5.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Module>
 <ModulePrefs title="os-template - Custom Tag">
   <Require feature="opensocial-0.9" />
   <Require feature="opensocial-templates"><Param
name="process-on-server">true</Param></Require>
 </ModulePrefs>
 <Content type="html">
   <![CDATA[
      <script type="text/os-template" xmlns:myapp="http://example.com/myapp"
tag="myapp:HelloWorld">
      </script>
      <script type="text/os-template"
xmlns:myapp="http://example.com/myapp">
         <myapp:HelloWorld/>
         <myapp:HelloWorld/>
         <myapp:HelloWorld/>
      </script>

     Some text...
   ]]>
 </Content>
</Module>

I still think that either the example shown at
http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=OpenSocial_Templates_Developer%27
s_Guide or the actual implementation should change so that they are
consistent (there is no xmlns in the second script tag in the example).

Many thanks once again - you have been great help.

Cheers
JP

Posted by Chirag Shah <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hey JP,