Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org> on 2018/12/11 05:41:47 UTC

[DRAFT] Board report for Apache Atlas: December 2018

Atlas team,

Please review the draft board report below and send your feedback/comments.

Thanks,

Madhan

  Apache Atlas is a scalable and extensible set of core foundational

  governance services that enables enterprises to effectively and efficiently

  meet their compliance requirements within Hadoop and allows integration with

  the complete enterprise data ecosystem

## Issues:

  There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

  - released 0.8.3 on 10/31/2018

  - released 1.1.0 on 09/17/2018

  - working on 2.0.0 release, to support Hadoop 3, HBase 2, Solr 7, Kafka 2, Hive 3

  - updated to support Hadoop trusted-proxy authentication

  - updated lineage UI to support entity-type specific icons, customizable depth, option to hide process entities

  - performance related fixes in Hive hook and notification processing

  - model enhancements to support soft-ref

  - export/import enhancements to create audit entries containing summary of the operation

## Health report:

  - 1 new contributor added in last 3 months: Nikhil Bonte

## PMC changes:

  - Currently 33 PMC members

  - No new PMC members added in last 3 months

  - Last PMC member addition was on 6/21/2017

## Committer base changes:

  - Currently 38 committers

  - 1 new committer was added in last 3 months: Ramesh Mani

  - Last addition to committer role was on 10/15/2018

## Releases:

  2.0.0            plan to release by 12/31/2018

  0.8.3            was released on 10/31/2018

  1.1.0            was released on 09/17/2018

  1.0.0            was released on 06/02/2018

  0.8.2            was released on 02/05/2018

  1.0.0-alpha      was released on 01/25/2018

  0.8.1            was released on 08/29/2017

  0.8-incubating   was released on 03/16/2017

  0.7.1-incubating was released on 01/26/2017

  0.7-incubating   was released on 07/09/2016

  0.6-incubating   was released on 12/31/2015

  0.5-incubating   was released on 07/11/2015

Re: [DRAFT] Board report for Apache Atlas: December 2018

Posted by Nixon Rodrigues <ni...@freestoneinfotech.com>.
Thanks for compiling the report.

+1 for the board report.

Nixon

Posted by Ashutosh Mestry <am...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 for the board report.

Posted by Sarath Subramanian <sa...@apache.org>.
Thanks for putting this together Madhan.

+1 for the board report.

Posted by Keval Bhatt <ke...@gmail.com>.
Madhan,

We have added one more option to show/hide deleted entities.

Posted by David Radley <da...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi Madhan,
That is a shame. I hope we can work together so by the next report, the
Egeria connector for Atlas will be in the Atlas code, so we will have an
even bigger good news story,
     all the best, David.