Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/20 09:50:15 UTC

Deprecating and removing old and unmaintained components

Hi

After the 3.14 LTS release, then it's a good time to look at cleaning
up among the components we have that have become obsolete, because the
3rd party projects (dependencies) are EOL or not actively maintained
for a longer period.

The next LTS in summer 2022 is dropping Java 8, and as such it's a
step forward so we should use this opportunity to do some
house-cleaning.

camel-beanstalk
camel-etc
camel-elsql
camel-ganglia
camel-nsq
camel-hystrix
camel-ipfs (JARs not in maven central)
camel-jing
camel-leveldb-legacy
camel-msv
camel-nagios
camel-ribbon
camel-sip
camel-soroush
camel-tagsoup
camel-yammer

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Deprecating and removing old and unmaintained components

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 for removing them.

Posted by Otavio Rodolfo Piske <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luca Burgazzoli <lb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Gallice <al...@gmail.com>.
+1 for removal

Did I get it well that those components will be marked as deprecated from
the next version on ?
And then finally removed in the next LTS ?

Could we consider that it is the usual way of deprecating/removing camel
components ?
Those inputs could help with
https://github.com/apache/camel-quarkus/issues/2948.

Alex