Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/23 11:09:21 UTC

Sampler response data: java.net.BindException. Any ideas what it is and how to avoid it?

It doesn't seem related to the server or the application tested. In
the logs of JMeter nothing is written during the test (i found only
start and stop threads).
Any ideas on why it happens / how to avoid it?

[ the error message ]
"
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect
	at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:490)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1037)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1023)
	at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:346)
	at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:243)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
"
[test system] windows xp pro, 1g ram
                     jmeter 2.3.4 (i have modified the loggin level to
info for most indicators)
                     jvm 1.6.0_13
the test is very light for the server and response times are good;
i have a bit to many listeners - i am interested in comparing results
for same action in various situations, however the virtual machine
behaved ok, stayed well within the max heap memory and during the test
the processor wasn't loaded more than 40-50% on average, so i hope
that wouldn't be the problem, I suspect network issues.

I am new to the JMeter Users List so I don't know if this was discussed before.

Re: Sampler response data: java.net.BindException. Any ideas what it is and how to avoid it?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23/07/2009, Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry, that was not clear - I meant clear the "Keep-alive" check-box.
>  >

> Very interesting. I never knew what functionality keep-alive has, I
>  just remember it was recommended to simulate a real-life scenario.
>  I'll try this too.
>
>  However, I send the header Keep-Alive 300  with the requests, should I
>  also remove this?

Yes.

>  Is it related to the keep-alive functionality of the sampler?

No.

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.