Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org> on 2016/02/08 18:10:16 UTC

Endpoint documentation is now published!

We now have endpoint documentation published on the website:

http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/endpoints/

A big thank you goes out to Kevin Klues who made this happen, thanks also
goes out to Neil Conway for making the suggestion!

Our goal here was to get the existing endpoint documentation (lives inside
the C++ source code) published on the website. So for now, the
documentation is still written within the C++ source, but we have a simple
tool to automate the generation of the markdown documentation within the
docs/ folder:
https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/support/generate-endpoint-help.py

Long term we're thinking it may make sense to have the help information as
markdown rather than as C++ source, but for now we at least have a way to
publish it to the users! This will encourage us to write better help
information (much of the existing help information is fairly bare).

Ben

Re: Endpoint documentation is now published!

Posted by Michael Park <mp...@apache.org>.
It looks great! Thanks Ben, Kevin, and Neil for putting this together :)

Posted by Michael Park <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.
Agreed, thanks for the links.

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.
Agreed, thanks for the links.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Endpoint documentation is now published!

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang