Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2008/06/16 15:58:31 UTC

Releasing tomorrow morning

Hi,

I plan to cut the (third) release candidate tomorrow morning CET - it
seems that we will have a published Felix SCR release.

So if you have any outstanding issues please fix them or at least bring
them up by tomorrow morning.

Thanks
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Releasing tomorrow morning

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Am Montag, den 16.06.2008, 21:19 +0300 schrieb Jukka Zitting:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> > So if you have any outstanding issues please fix them or at least bring them
> > up by tomorrow morning.
>
> I've now merged all the license information to LICENSE files
> (SLING-539) and updated the META-INF/NOTICE files to cover all
> included dependencies. See [1] for all the related changes.

Thanks alot. This is really appreciated !

> I also filed some followup issues:
>
>   SLING-540: Clarify extensions/dojo licensing
>   SLING-541: Clarify scripting/ruby licensing

As I already noted in the issues and Carsten noted here, we do not
release these bundles right now. And probably it would be better to
decide to not create binary distros of these at all. The source distro
should be clean because it does not contain any 3rd party stuff.

>   SLING-542: Clarify launchpad/jcrapp licensing

launchpad/jcrapp is a stripped down launchpad/app which just contains
the Jackrabbit embedded server and its direct dependencies. It does not
even contain the Jetty bundle or the web console.

I don't think we are going to release this bundle as binary, though.
IMHO this is just a nice thing to easily launch a Jackrabbit server
standalone. That is all.

Regards
Felix

Re: Releasing tomorrow morning

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> up by tomorrow morning.
>
> I've now merged all the license information to LICENSE files
> (SLING-539) and updated the META-INF/NOTICE files to cover all
> included dependencies. See [1] for all the related changes.

Great! Thanks Jukka!

> I also filed some followup issues:
>
>   SLING-540: Clarify extensions/dojo licensing
>   SLING-541: Clarify scripting/ruby licensing
>   SLING-542: Clarify launchpad/jcrapp licensing
>
> None of these is a blocker for the release, but we may want to avoid
> pushing those bundles to the Maven repository.

It's even easier :) We don't release these bundles anyway - we only
release all modules that are directly linked from the reactor pom. This
excludes the following modules which we don't release:

                 <module>scripting/freemarker</module>
                 <module>scripting/jst</module>
                 <module>scripting/ruby</module>
                 <module>scripting/velocity</module>
                 <module>extensions/dojo</module>
                 <module>extensions/dojo-sling</module>
                 <module>launchpad/jcrapp</module>

Carsten

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> So if you have any outstanding issues please fix them or at least bring them
> up by tomorrow morning.

I've now merged all the license information to LICENSE files
(SLING-539) and updated the META-INF/NOTICE files to cover all
included dependencies. See [1] for all the related changes.

I also filed some followup issues:

  SLING-540: Clarify extensions/dojo licensing
  SLING-541: Clarify scripting/ruby licensing
  SLING-542: Clarify launchpad/jcrapp licensing

None of these is a blocker for the release, but we may want to avoid
pushing those bundles to the Maven repository.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-539?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion:subversion-commits-tabpanel

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Releasing tomorrow morning

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carsten,

Am Montag, den 16.06.2008, 15:58 +0200 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
> Hi,
>
> I plan to cut the (third) release candidate tomorrow morning CET

Cool....

> - it
> seems that we will have a published Felix SCR release.

Yes, I will close the vote either today or tomorrow in the morning.

> So if you have any outstanding issues please fix them or at least bring
> them up by tomorrow morning.

Regards
Felix