Posted to user@commons.apache.org by v2cg4ss <ss...@datamentors.com> on 2008/08/29 22:32:59 UTC

MultiValueMap not Releasing Objects

I have a mulitvaluemap with a string key and string values, when I clear the
MVM and retrieve the free memory it has barely changed.  I force a GC the
same results.  I iterate through the MVM and set the value for a key to
null, and then force a GC I get some memory back but not nearly the amount I
was expecting.

Is there another way to release the contents of the MVM to the GC?