Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za> on 2008/03/22 05:41:06 UTC

Swing FrontEnd Accounting Package

Hello, brand new, just downloaded OfBiz.
My interest is in a Swing driven accounting package, OfBiz seems to be completely web driven.

Has this been done, am I in the wrong place, what do you think??
I'm thinking accounting clerk has Swing, Stores have Swing, dB is networked centralized.
Like in the old days ;)

Thanks.

Re: Swing FrontEnd Accounting Package

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
You can see the implementation of POS(Point of Sale) component for the
reference.

--
Thanks & Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

RE: Swing FrontEnd Accounting Package

Posted by "skip@thedevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>.
I want to second BJs suggestion.  After a great deal of effort, I found that
you can easily get more functionality using ftl/widget code instead of swing
code.  I wrote complete swing applications for accounts recievable, sales
order entry, automated purchasing and others.  As I rolled these out, I got
requests for more functionality that was already in the existing web based
code.

Consequently, I scrapped all the swing based code except the sales order
entry and one small bit of the AR code.

You can find the core swing based code for the sales order module here:

It uses the same interface to Ofbiz code as the POS but uses Netbeans to
manage the GUI.

Skip

if you want only swing and centralized DB I suggest you start from scratch.
Once you get familiar with ofbiz you will see why.
Also take a look at widgets.

Johnny Kewl sent the following on 3/21/2008 8:41 PM:
> Hello, brand new, just downloaded OfBiz.
> My interest is in a Swing driven accounting package, OfBiz seems to be
completely web driven.

> Has this been done, am I in the wrong place, what do you think??
> I'm thinking accounting clerk has Swing, Stores have Swing, dB is
networked centralized.
> Like in the old days ;)
>
> Thanks.

Checked by AVG.