Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Donald Hansen <do...@hansenfamily.us> on 2015/06/20 00:22:21 UTC

Service Summary / Custom Service

Is it possible to add things to the "Summary" information for a custom
service?

For example, when I look at the summary for Yarn
(/main/services/YARN/summary) I see it showing things like NodeManager
Status, Containers, Queues, etc. How can I show extra stuff like that for
my own service?

Thanks
Donald

Re: Service Summary / Custom Service

Posted by Jaimin Jetly <ja...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Donald,

Is it possible to add things to the "Summary" information for a custom service?

This is currently not driven from service stack definition.

As of now to accomplish this a new view and template needs to be added in the ambari-web code for the custom service and newly added view should be mapped to the new custom service in the serviceCustomViewMap (Link<https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-web/app/views/main/service/info/summary.js#L46>).

--Thanks

   Jaimin