Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Marcio Ribeiro <wm...@hotmail.com> on 2022/01/31 21:20:40 UTC

NimBLE and NuttX on ESP32

Hello friends.

My name is Márcio Ribeiro, I'm a begginer on NuttX and maybe the issue I'm trying to addess are beyond my skills but I'm very interested on learning how to use NimBLE with NuttX on ESP32.

I saw some messages from Mr Matias Nitsche (protobits) showing he was successful on porting MyNewt NimBLE to work on NuttX and got it running on NuttX simulator through Bluez.

I have studied NimBLE porting layer and seems to me the NuttX port is complete (os_atomic.c; os_eventq.c;   os_sem.c;  os_time.c; os_callout.c; os_mutex.c;  os_task.c; wqueue.h). I also have studied NimBLE transport layer and iseems there are many means to have host and controller talking to each other on NimBLE including bluetooth socket.

I was wondering how would it be possible to have NimBLE working on NuttX running on ESP32 or on any other platform using socket based transport (ble_hci_socket.c). In the case of  ESP32 NuttX port, bluetooth socket seems to be already implemented.

I'm writing this message to ask for directions on how to approach to this problem and in hope that someone else could be interested into solve the same issue.

Best regards,

Márcio