Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Craig Ambrose <cr...@TastingRoom.com> on 2011/11/04 07:27:36 UTC

Packing a MARKETING_PKG_PICK

Hi,

I have a marketing bundle defined that I'm having trouble shipping. When I order the MARKETING_PKG_PICK I see the correct OrderItemShipGrpInvRes (i.e. since there are two components in the MARKETING_PKG_PICK, there are two entries in the OISGIR table).

But then I go to Quick Ship the order and I see the items issued to the shipment, but I never see any OrderShipment records. It seems that the quantity of items needed to pick does not compare with the number of items either in the ShipmentItem table or in the OrderItem table.

I may be confused here. Since there are two physical items in my MARKETING_PKG_PICK, does that mean there should be two ShipmentItems (even though there is only one OrderItem) Or is there one ShipmentItem and multiple items in the ItemIssuance table.

In any case, it seems to be creating and then removing the necessary OrderShipment records in the service "issueOrderItemShipGrpInvResToShipment".

This has all worked fine for products that are not MARKETING_PKG_PICK.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Craig Ambrose

Re: Packing a MARKETING_PKG_PICK

Posted by Craig Ambrose <cr...@TastingRoom.com>.
I tried this out on the demo system (9.04) this morning and saw the same
problem. I bought the GZ-BASKET-PICK bundle and then quick shipped it. When
you look at the shipment details and the Order Items you see the items
issued don't add up to the quantity ordered.

http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/file/n3991707/Screen_shot_2011-11-04_at_2.14.59_PM.png

Re: Packing a MARKETING_PKG_PICK

Posted by Craig Ambrose <cr...@TastingRoom.com>.
Done. I've created OFBIZ-4540 "Item Issuance does not work with
MARKETING_PKG_PICK order items". Let me know if I can add any more detail.

-craig

Re: Packing a MARKETING_PKG_PICK

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Craig Ambrose" <cr...@TastingRoom.com>
> Something changed on the trunk demo site and I was able to exercise the same

Yes ,the demos are redeployed every day (around 7h30 GMT). Someone had certainly created his own data.

> test there; buying a MARKETING_PKG_PICK and the doing a quick ship and I see
> the same results. So, it appears that it has not been resolved in trunk.

Thanks, could you open a Jira issue describing what you didn, what you expected and what happened, you just need to register
https://issues.apache.org/

or on http://ofbiz.apache.org/
looks for Issue Tracker (Jira)

Jacques

Re: Packing a MARKETING_PKG_PICK

Posted by Craig Ambrose <cr...@TastingRoom.com>.

Posted by Craig Ambrose <cr...@TastingRoom.com>.
Hi Jacques,

When I go to the following URL the demo store looks different and the normal
products are not there

http://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ecommerce/control/main

I will look through the 10.04 services to see if the "explosion" has taken
place in there. We are definitely running 9.04 currently.

Re: Packing a MARKETING_PKG_PICK

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Just saw it thanks. It seems to me that since then Hans has introduced the exploded way, but I can't recall from the top of my head
if it was not in 9.04 already, Hans?

Why did you mention "vivek fool"?

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Before any other questions/ points: can you reproduce this behaviour with an OOTB example (on trunk demo for instance)

Jacques