Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2007/03/02 11:09:47 UTC

Strange inclusion bug with the jar plugin

Hi all,

I asked on the user list whether I was doing this correctly, but got no
response - in the mean time this is looking like a bug.

I have a jar file, attached to the lifecycle being the compiling of some
C++ code into target/build, which works fine.

I need to embed the C++ library inside the jar file, so I add the
following resource:

       <resource>
         <directory>${project.build.directory}/build</directory>
         <includes>
           <include>**/*.dll</include>
           <include>**/*.so</include>
           <include>**/*.dylib</include>
         </includes>
       </resource>

And nothing happens - the C++ library is present, but ignored and never
ends up in the jar file.

Running mvn -X install doesn't help, as the jar plugin doesn't output
any relevant debug level information, like the directories it considers
for inclusion.

Can anyone confirm whether this is supposed to work?

I am using maven v2.0.4.

Regards,
Graham