Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Colin de Verdière <td...@scort.com> on 2003/01/22 10:30:35 UTC

Persistence on session

Hi,
I do not want my session to persist over shutdown and restart of tomcat is there a way to configure it for
all context by default in Tomcat 4.0 (or for a simple webapp).

Thomas

Re: Non persistence session for Tomcat 4.0

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Thomas Colin de Verdière wrote:

> Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:30:08 +0100
> From: Thomas Colin de Verdière <td...@scort.com>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Non persistence session for Tomcat 4.0
>
> I read the answer for subject "Non-persisting session manager for
> 4.1.x?" so does <Manager pathname = "" /> in the <Host> works for Tomcat
> 4.0. I confirm it works for <Context> but don't for <Host>, is there
> another way to do it?

A <Host> doesn't have any sessions, so it has no need for a nested
<Manager> element.  You'll need to configure each webapp individually.

> Thomas

Craig

Non persistence session for Tomcat 4.0