Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Bishnu Gautam <bi...@hotmail.com> on 2020/05/05 12:32:42 UTC

Further update regarding firewall and NAT issues in River

Hello All

Are there any updates regarding firewall bypassing in Apache River. I have been around Jini Technology a decade ago and was stuck due to its inability to punch through firewall and NAT. However, there used to have some threads of working on it by some of the developers. It would be great if there are any work going on about it.

I came to know that there is a technique of UDP hole punching by which you can over come this constraint. Please let me know if any body is working on it that can address the firewall issue. It would be great a tool specially in IoT networks if we can overcome firewall and NAT issue.

Bishnu Prasad Gautam

Bishnu Prasad Gautam