Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org> on 2007/05/19 14:03:17 UTC

some view definitions i don't understand...

hi everyone!

can anyone explain the following view definitions:

from pubs/default/sitemap.xmap:

<map:view from-label="aggregation" name="aggregation">
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:view>

there is no label called "aggregation" anywhere in trunk.

from webapp/lenya/usecases.xmap:

<map:views>
   <map:view from-label="aggregation" name="aggregation">
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:view>
   <map:view from-label="xsp" name="xsp">
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:view>
</map:views>

same. no label "xsp" either.

while we're at it, why does pretty much every generator in
build/lenya/webapp/sitemap.xmap contain a label "content", and what are
those views for?:

<map:views>
   <map:view from-label="content" name="content">
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:view>
   <map:view from-label="content" name="pretty-content">
     <map:transform src="stylesheets/system/xml2html.xslt"/>
     <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:view>
   <map:view from-position="last" name="links">
     <map:serialize type="links"/>
   </map:view>
</map:views>

the "links" view is used by the LinkStatusGenerator, but the others seem
to be unused... (i grepped for "cocoon-view", is there another way of
calling a view that i'm not aware of?)

any hints appreciated. i'd be very happy to remove unused views from the
trunk :-D

regards,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

Kurt is up in heaven now.

Re: some view definitions i don't understand...

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jörn Nettingsmeier schrieb:
> hi everyone!
>
> can anyone explain the following view definitions:

[...]

> the "links" view is used by the LinkStatusGenerator, but the others seem
> to be unused... (i grepped for "cocoon-view", is there another way of
> calling a view that i'm not aware of?)

I don't know any other ways.

> any hints appreciated. i'd be very happy to remove unused views from the
> trunk :-D

+1 to remove the unused views.

-- Andreas

--