Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Bürmann, Michael" <Bu...@wapme-systems.de> on 2001/10/17 09:23:14 UTC

Problem with faultCodeSOAP-ENV:Client

Hi!

I have a big Problem with the following error occuring when I try to invoce
a SOAP-call. The following stacktrace is printed in my logfile:

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: null;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket:
null]
   at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
   at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
   at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
   at org.apache.soap.SOAPException.<init>(SOAPException.java:71)
   at org.apache.soap.SOAPException.<init>(SOAPException.java:77)
   at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.ja
va:324)
   at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:205)
... (and so on)

The request is done out of the servletengine JServ. When I restart the
apache (and JServ) everything works fine till this error comes again. After
this I allways get this error. I think it is possible that the destination
of the call is not allways reachable but why does it start to work again
when I restart JServ? And how can I avoid to restart JServ?

Please help me soon.

Greetings,

Michael