Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ChiaTzung Liu <Ch...@zyxel.com.tw> on 2010/01/11 08:57:07 UTC

[users@httpd] HTTP over PPPoE???

Hi all,

I meet a problem about HTTP over PPPoE. I describe my question firstly, and thanks for your help.

I establish a HTTP Server Apache/2.2.9 in Unix, and it connects to Internet by PPPoE.

Then, I use other pc in WAN to download a file from Server.

After downloading, I got the wrong content of that file, such as...

Original File: abcdefg

Downloaded File: abccdefg

I also try to capture packages, and I see a strange thing...

Package1's Content: abc

Package2's Content: cdefg

The content of Package2 should be defg, not cdefg. The start point of Package2 is wrong, so lead to content error.

But interesting, this only happens when...

1.      Use HTTP (if I use https, it is ok!)

2.      Download a bigger file. (actually, if I download small files, it is ok!)

For example,

  Download 8038 bytes file è SUCCESS

 Download 38058 bytes file è FAIL

3.      If I use pc in the same LAN with my Server, and download it directly, it is ok! (not via PPPoE)

Does anyone has any idea? Or who can tell me how to find where httpd do sending file in source code?

Thanks !!

Aslan

2010/01/11

RE: [users@httpd] HTTP over PPPoE???

Posted by ChiaTzung Liu <Ch...@zyxel.com.tw>.
Thanks for your reply.
I don't think the problem is in Router.
Because if I use the other PC with WebServer, all of transactions between Server and Client is correct.

Posted by David Balažic <xe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ChiaTzung Liu <Ch...@zyxel.com.tw>.
I don't think so. I try to draw my environment as following...

WebServer  --SendData-->  HUB  --SendData-->  PPPoE Router
--SendData(ISP)-->  Client

                         -----> Capture packages by Wireshark

And the captured data is different from the original in WebServer.
Happen some overlaps.

However, if I build PPPoE Server by myself on Linux, it is OK!!!
Has any configuration in PPPoE Server may lead to this situation?
I think the root cause maybe is the configuration in ISP's PPPoE Server.

Does anyone has idea?

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

Posted by ChiaTzung Liu <Ch...@zyxel.com.tw>.
Yes, I also tested MTU 1280, 1480 and 1492.
And all of these don't work....

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

RE: [users@httpd] HTTP over PPPoE???

On 01/11/2010 01:48 PM, ChiaTzung Liu wrote:
> But I don't enable proxy.c in httpd. In addition, these captured packages is captured in LAN directly, not in WAN.
> So I think not proxy issue.

What do you see in accesslog ? The requested file or something else ?

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Adminstrator

Re: [users@httpd] HTTP over PPPoE???