Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Milind Parikh <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2005/01/05 09:02:00 UTC

Commons Jelly RC1 and Maven : More than Magic

Hi

I am in the process of writing a book on Maven. (www.milindparikh.com). In
this book, I intend to have six chapters on Jelly and Jelly programming. The
first chapter should be published by tmrw.

However Commons-Jelly RC1 is flouting some of the basic rules that make the
Apache Group so solid. The Commons-Jelly RC1 will not even jar because it
misses certain files (actually just one file). Additionally it will not
dist.

In the second chapter, I need to get into the installation related stuff. Is
there an RC2 that is going to be out there soon? If I need to put RC1 and
how I installed it, I am going to lose 25% of the audience.  I see a 1.0-RC2
- SNAPSHOT; but the main place from where typically the users download is
still RC1.

In addition, is Commons Jelly undergoing active development?

-- Milind

Re: Commons Jelly RC1 and Maven : More than Magic

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
Le 5 janv. 05, à 09:02, Milind Parikh a écrit :
> I am in the process of writing a book on Maven.
> (www.milindparikh.com). In this book, I intend to have six chapters on
> Jelly and Jelly programming. The first chapter should be published by
> tmrw.

What is your timeline ?

> However Commons-Jelly RC1 is flouting some of the basic rules that
> make the Apache Group so solid. The Commons-Jelly RC1 will not even
> jar because it misses certain files (actually just one file).
> Additionally it will not dist.

Yes, this is known.
But we'd rather roll out an RC2 rather than rolling out a fixed
version, at least this is my opinion.

> In the second chapter, I need to get into the installation related
> stuff. Is there an RC2 that is going to be out there soon? If I need
> to put RC1 and how I installed it, I am going to lose 25% of the
> audience.  I see a 1.0-RC2 - SNAPSHOT; but the main place from where
> typically the users download is still RC1.

Again... timeline...
How describing an ideal scenario that, if it sounds reasonable, we make
true for RC2?

> In addition, is Commons Jelly undergoing active development?

You seem to be new to the list... it is definitely undergoing active
development!

paul