Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "K, Balamurugan (CORP, GEITC)" <Ba...@geind.ge.com> on 2002/03/21 05:34:33 UTC

Memory problem. Urgent !

Hi friends,
	  I am creating buffered image from SVG file using StaticRenderer
and GVT tree. I am using the buffered image as image to an icon. When ever i
resize the icon, i am re-rendering the svg file with new size, creating the
image again and repainting the icon with new image (same image but changed
size). By doing this i can get high resolution even user resizes the icon to
what ever size he wants.

	What i need is, when i do this application takes lot of memory. If i
have 15 icons the memory size is around 60MB, after some time i am getting
Memory insufficient exception.

	If any one knows how to solve the problem. Please help me.

Thanks in advance
Bala

"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY ATTACHMENTS IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE
ADDRESSEE and may contain confidential and privileged information.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly Prohibited.
If you have received this message by error, please notify us
immediately, return the original mail to the sender and delete the
message from your system."

RE: Memory problem. Urgent !

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr>.
> 	  I am creating buffered image from SVG file using StaticRenderer
> and GVT tree. I am using the buffered image as image to an icon.
> When ever i
> resize the icon, i am re-rendering the svg file with new size,
> creating the
> image again and repainting the icon with new image (same image but changed
> size). By doing this i can get high resolution even user resizes
> the icon to
> what ever size he wants.
>
> 	What i need is, when i do this application takes lot of memory. If i
> have 15 icons the memory size is around 60MB, after some time i am getting
> Memory insufficient exception.
>
> 	If any one knows how to solve the problem. Please help me.

At this time, I would suggest to try to use the DynamicRenderer instead.
DynamicRenderer does less caching that StaticRenderer. Your rendering might
be slower but you should avoid caching datas.

Please let me know if that solve your problem.

In long term, we have to think how to limit the cache size of our
StaticRenderer.

Thierry.

RE: Memory problem. Urgent !

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr>.