Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Sean Kelly <ke...@ad1440.net> on 2000/12/11 23:35:42 UTC

Update: standard extension suppression

It turns out Ant's invocation of the javac compiler had nothing to do
with standard extensions being suppressed.

It was which JVM was being used to start ant.

If I execute java by hand from my bash shell (this is on Windows),
bash's PATH picks up /jdk/bin/java.exe, which pays attention to standard
extensions.

But the ant.bat file runs under an MS-DOS command window, and
apparently picks up /windows/java.exe, which doesn't pay attention to
standard extensions.

What's /windows/java.exe?  Beats me.  When run /windows/java -version,
it says it's java version "1.3.0", so Sun's J2SE 1.3 installer put it
there---but I don't know the reason.

Take care.
--Sean

RE: Update: standard extension suppression

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>.
The version in CVS now executes the java.exe found at %JAVA_HOME%\bin

Cheers
Conor

--
Conor MacNeill