Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michał Stochmiałek <mi...@eurobank.pl> on 2005/11/04 09:41:04 UTC

[m2] ear packaging

I'm building ear artifact.

I've got <packaging>ear</packaging> in my pom, but when I use 'mvn package' only subprojects (modules) are build. Build of ear archive is skipped.

When I include this node in my <build> tag, project is built correctly.
<plugins>
	<plugin>
		<artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
		<configuration>
		  [...]
		</configuration>
		<executions>
			<execution>
				<goals>
					<goal>generate-application-xml</goal>
					<goal>ear</goal>
				</goals>
			</execution>
		</executions>
	</plugin>
</plugins>

Is this correct behavior? When I'm using jar packaging I don't need to include <plugin> tag for maven-jar-plugin... So is it a bug or feature?

best regards,
--
Michal Stochmialek
IT Department, Technology Division

Re: [m2] ear packaging

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

The info is located in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-699 (see a patch
on components.xml which adds the par and ejb3 lifecycle.

Cheers,
Stéphane

On 11/4/05, Chris Tucker <ch...@linspireinc.com> wrote:

> > You can find J2EE project skeleton at: http://www.bzdyl.net/demo-app.zip
> > (I have created for J2EE ver. 5 but it is easy to customize it to your
> > needs. It uses maven-par-plugin and maven-ejb3-plugin which are
> > currently in maven sandbox in the repository. I don't know if you can
> > find them deployed in any maven repository, it is possible that you will
> > need to checkout maven 2 sources and build them locally).
>
> Are you using the maven-par-plugin straight from svn? From what I can
> tell it doesn't define a <packaging> type for .par, so I've been having
> to manually invoke par:par; it looks from your demo app that you already
> have a suitable packaging working. Would you be willing to share your
> diffs against the svn versions of the par and ejb3 plugins?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: [m2] ear packaging

Posted by Chris Tucker <ch...@linspireinc.com>.

Re: [m2] ear packaging

Posted by Piotr Bzdyl <pi...@bzdyl.net>.
Hello,
> I'm building ear artifact.
>
> I've got <packaging>ear</packaging> in my pom, but when I use 'mvn package' only subprojects (modules) are build. Build of ear archive is skipped.

Actually, if you use <modules> in the pom, the packaging should be set
to "pom", and ear project should be one of the modules (with
dependencies set to other needed projects listed in the modules). There
is an issuse filed (or it is even closed in the repository) which verify
that you have packaging set to pom when you use modules in the pom.xml.

--
Piotrek Bzdyl
(another Maven user from Poland ;))