Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by David Sedarius <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/17 22:37:39 UTC

how the domain distribution is arranged

The video you've posted in the morning is very interesting and thank you
for that. I have a small question. if we are to deploy 100 domains how does
the distribution of these domains happen? Are you distributing them in
different VMs?

Re: how the domain distribution is arranged

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

I'm sorry for asking this, but what exactly you meant by a 'domain' here?
Did you mean something like "david.apache.stratos.com" ?

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 5:11 AM, David Sedarius <da...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thank you for the clarification. Seems I have more questions.
>
> is tenant == domain or are they two things?

And if my above assumption is correct, no these are not equal. I'll answer
your other questions ... once I get confirmed that both of us in the same
page.

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

C.S.Nirmal J. Fernando
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2 Inc.

Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

Re: how the domain distribution is arranged

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi David,

Its like this. When you setup/deploy Stratos you can set a domain name (if
this is private cloud they can choose their cloud domain name). Say
stratos.com. Then you can register cartridges to Stratos. When you register
you can give sub-domain for these cartridges. for a example you can
register ESB, AS ..etc then you can set sub-domain like bellow.

   - ESB - esb.stratos.com
   - AS - as.stratos.com

Now these cartridges are available for subscribe. Then subscriber can give
alias name for their subscription.

   - If user subscribe to AS using alias name myappserver then his
   cartridge can access by myappserver.as.stratos.com
   - If user subscribe to ESB using alias name myesb then his cartridge can
   access by myesb.esb.stratos.com

Likewise user can subscribe many times and urls are make by prefixing alias
to the define domains.

thanks

Posted by David Sedarius <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.