Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Simon Curran <s....@aepona.com> on 2002/04/16 15:48:45 UTC

Switching versions of java during an ant build

Hello,

I am currently building our software using version 1.3 of java.  However, during our
javadoc build process, I require that we use version 1.4 of the javadoc utility due to
a bug in version 1.3.  Does anyone know how I can accomplish this, i.e. switch
versions of java during an ant build??

Thanks,
Simon.

* Simon Curran              * Email : simon.curran@aepona.com *
* Software Engineer         * WWW   : www.aepona.com          *
* Aepona Ltd.               * Phone : +44 (0)28 9027 5231     *
* Interpoint Building,      * Fax   : +44 (0)28 9026 9111     *
* 20-24 York Street,        *                                 *
* Belfast. BT15 1AQ.        *                                 *
* N. Ireland.               *                                 *

Re: Switching versions of java during an ant build

Posted by rv...@xs4all.nl.
something I've done extensively outside Ant (on NT) is share the various SDK
basedirs and map a drive to the one you're using. One way of not having the
various registry settings mess things up is to install the SDK, copy it to
another location, then run uninstall ... repeat for each version of the SDK
you're using. Next, you make manual entries in the PATH and CLASSPATH (make
sure to use that drive mapping). Now all you should have to do is re-map the
drive to 1.4 on the fly for running javadoc. I don't know how the VM that
Ant's running in will feel about this of course. You might want to hardwire
the Ant script to hit the 1.3 installation. Hope this gives you some ideas

good luck!
Rob