Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by sog <so...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/02 03:52:27 UTC

sentences and paragraph search requirement

I am implement a search engine, I do some special search requirement:

      Grammatical Connectors /s Search terms in the same sentence:
      design /s defect
      同一个句子
     /p Search terms in the same paragraph:
      hearsay /p utterance
      同一个段落
     +s The first term preceding the second within the same sentence:
      palsgraf +s island
      同一个句子,但有先后顺序
     +p The first term preceding the second within the same paragraph:
      ti(mikkelson +p mikkelson)
      同一个段落,但有先后顺序
      Note: When you want to specify that the same term appears at least
twice in a sentence or paragraph, use the +s or +p connector. For example,
the query ti(mikkelson +p mikkelson) retrieves documents in which the name
Mikkelson occurs twice in the title field.

I am not sure lucene support this kind of search expression, How can I ?

thx

sog

Re: sentences and paragraph search requirement

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:       Grammatical Connectors /s Search terms in the same sentence:

:      /p Search terms in the same paragraph:

:      +s The first term preceding the second within the same sentence:

:      +p The first term preceding the second within the same paragraph:

: I am not sure lucene support this kind of search expression, How can I ?

As discussed in the past, if you inject artificial tokens denoting
the start/end of sentences and paragraphs, then you can use SpanQueries to
accomplish this.  Search the list archives for "lucene span sentence" for
several of the past discussions.

-Hoss