Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kristian Waagan <kr...@oracle.com> on 2013/01/07 22:01:24 UTC

Errors in the 10.8.3.0 download page

Hi,

I found some errors in the 10.8.3.0 download page, and I considered
doing a quick fix for them. However, I then spotted another error, so I
think I'll let someone with more context do the fixing :)
Here's what I spotted:
  o two broken download links (one with 10.6 in it, another one with a
tab in it)
  o the page mentions 10.9.0.0 in several places

--
Kristian

Re: Errors in the 10.8.3.0 download page

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 1/8/13 5:32 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> On 1/7/13 1:01 PM, Kristian Waagan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I found some errors in the 10.8.3.0 download page, and I considered
>> doing a quick fix for them. However, I then spotted another error, so
>> I think I'll let someone with more context do the fixing :)
>> Here's what I spotted:
>>  o two broken download links (one with 10.6 in it, another one with a
>> tab in it)
>>  o the page mentions 10.9.0.0 in several places
>>

> Thanks, Kristian. This appears to me to be a download page for
> 10.9.0.0 with (fortunately) links to the 10.8.3.0 distributions. It's
> good enough for its main purpose (serving up the distributions) but
> will mislead people about what bugs are fixed in 10.8.3.0. I did a
> quick sanity-check of the release notes bundled with the distributions
> and those release notes look good to me.
>
> I will look into generating a better download page.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

Hopefully these problems are corrected. For a description of what I did,
please see my 2013-01-08 comments on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5924.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: Errors in the 10.8.3.0 download page

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.