Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Andrej van der Zee <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/16 16:10:29 UTC

Timeouts for create_collection

Hi,

I am newby to Solr and I am having difficulties setting up a cluster with a
single Zookeeper instance and two Solr instances. The Solr intances both
successfully establish sessions with the Zookeeper and I am able to upload
collection configs to Zookeeper, but somehow creating a collection from one
of the Solr instances timeouts:

core@ip-172-31-11-63:/opt/solr# ./bin/solr create_collection -c connects
-replicationFactor 2

Connecting to ZooKeeper at 172.31.11.65:2181 ...
Re-using existing configuration directory connects

Creating new collection 'connects' using command:
http://localhost:8984/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=connects&numShards=1&replicationFactor=2&maxShardsPerNode=1&collection.configName=connects

ERROR: Failed to create collection 'connects' due to: create the collection
time out:180s

Another thing that got my attention is that the /clusterstate.json is
empty, even after establishing sessions from the Solr instances. I am not
sure if it is related or that the clusterstate is supposed to be empty
until I successfully create a collection?

Thanks,
Andrej

Re: Timeouts for create_collection

Posted by Andrej van der Zee <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I completely started over again. Now I get the following error upon
create_collection:

solr@ip-172-31-11-63:/opt/solr$ ./bin/solr create_collection -c connects
-replicationFactor 2

Connecting to ZooKeeper at 172.31.11.65:2181 ...
Re-using existing configuration directory connects

Creating new collection 'connects' using command:
http://localhost:8984/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=connects&numShards=1&replicationFactor=2&maxShardsPerNode=1&collection.configName=connects

ERROR: Failed to create collection 'connects' due to:
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException:Error
from server at http://172.31.11.63:8984/solr: Error CREATEing SolrCore
'connects_shard1_replica1': Unable to create core
[connects_shard1_replica1] Caused by: Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml'
in classpath or '/configs/connects', cwd=/opt/solr/server

When I look in Zookeeker, I can see that solrconfig.xml is in
/configs/connects/conf/. Why can't the Solr instance find it? Am I missing
some crucial configuration setting?

Thanks,
Andrej