Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/03/01 14:20:46 UTC

Re: project status 'n stuff

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 00:17, Paul Tetley wrote:
> I've been lurking here for some time as I intend to adopt Avalon for the
> server side of my company's ASP system.  I've been putting off adopting
> Phoenix while I wait for the management system to mature.
>
> If you can broadly describe what this component has to do, I can provide
> an engineer for a week or two to put something together (I mustn't have
> been paying close enough attention, as I'm unsure of exactly what is
> required).

That would be fantastic.

> Can you direct me to some background info?

I will do. Leo has already pointed you towards JMX. I guess we would like to
eventually have a servlet or similar management interface built on top of
that. If you are familiar with Weblogic then that is similar to what I was
thinking.

I will try to write up a blurb on Sunday afternoon to give you a general feel
for it.

--
Cheers,

Pete