Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Luo Gang <lu...@cse.buaa.edu.cn> on 2005/06/22 06:12:25 UTC

What's important to an Apache protocol handler?

Hi, All:

	It's known that somebody have developed modules to support other protocols in httpd, such as ftp, pop3.
	I wonder whether these modules are in use actually or just proof-of-concepts now? Given you are the network manager, do you consider to use them? (more important)why or why not?

	Obviously, it's better to provide more useful features than to re-develop what has been done by others. I may do the similar thing, developing a smtp handler, in these days. In order to attract the users, I plan to focus on providing some mechanism about anti-spam, such as register source of spam by the mail receiver reports automatically.

	Any technical/functional advices and disscussions would be greatly appreciated.

--
Luo Gang