Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/28 12:33:04 UTC

Re: JMeter releases vs manual steps

Hi there,

I've some progress on the release part of the scripts (the branch is still
https://github.com/vlsi/jmeter/tree/gradle ).

The major update now is I have a *test* SVN and Nexus servers, so even
non-committers can try release procedure.
Committers can try as well, and there's no harm as the scripts never
publish to public servers (there's hard-coded 127.0.0.1 for now).

It works as follows:
0) Install Docker, install Vagrant, ensure you have svnmucc installed
1) Clone https://github.com/vlsi/asflike-release-environment , and start it
via Vagrant (e.g. ./recreate.sh).
It will start two Docker images: SVN server and "Nexus" server.
2) Then you can try "releasing" JMeter: ./gradlew prepareVote --stacktrace
It will stage the artifacts to SVN (you can find them at
http://127.0.0.1/svn/dist/dev/jmeter/ ), and it will push the artifacts to
local Nexus (in fact "stub" implementation is used which does not currently
keep the artifacts)

"prepareVote" will print a draft "vote" mail with relevant links, filenames
and checksums.
The idea is one calls "prepareVote", then posts the resulting text to dev
list, and after the vote passes, one executes a task to publish the release
(which is not yet complete).

If you are feeling lucky, please give it a try.

The next step is to deploy "preview" site somewhere, and I'm going to use a
Git repository for that, so the preview site can be served via GitHub pages.

Vladimir