Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Debasish Jana <de...@anshinsoft.com> on 2006/08/10 07:52:24 UTC

simple-page-maseter

Hi:

I was trying to design a document having three different
fo:simple-page-master, one for the cover, one for the left side page, and
one for the right side page.

The cover simple-page-master should have a margin as well as border
surrounding the header, footer etc., i.e. I want a section border kind of,
or you can say, a page border of some thickness (uniform on all four sides
or may be non-uniform). Can I have top-border-width, top-border-color etc.
set up within the <fo:simple-page-master ..... >?

Please guide.

Regards,

Debasish

Re: simple-page-maseter

Posted by Luis Ferro <lf...@teladigital.pt>.
You can add a:

border = "thin black solid"

In your regions like:

<fo:region-before
    border = "thin black solid"
    region-name="xsl-region-before"
    extent="0.5in" />

;)

P.S- And thanx for your post... i'd to read the book and found something
that was missing... which solved my problem ;)

a page layout sample needed

Posted by Debasish Jana <de...@anshinsoft.com>.
Hi:

I was trying to design a document having a simple page layout having
Header, footer, start, end, and body.

The fo:simple-page-master (i.e. the section) has margin on all four sides as
10pt (no border, no padding).

Each of the header, footer, start and end has all four margins as 10pt, all
four border width as 8pt, and all four padding as 15pt.

Body has no margin, border as well as padding.

We specify the following for the Header block

<fo:static-content flow-name="Header">
<fo:block-container height="20pt" width="539pt" top="10pt" left="18pt"
position="absolute" background-color="#2E35FF" border-top-width="8.0pt"
border-top-style="solid" border-top-color="#FF0000"
border-bottom-width="8.0pt" border-bottom-style="solid"
border-bottom-color="#FF0000" border-left-width="8.0pt"
border-left-style="solid" border-left-color="#FF0000"
border-right-width="8.0pt" border-right-style="solid"
border-right-color="#FF0000">
<fo:block padding-top="0.0pt" padding-bottom="10.0pt" padding-left="10.0pt"
padding-right="10.0pt">
</fo:block>
</fo:block-container></fo:static-content>

I am confused about the computation of the top and left for the footer,
start (left section) and end (right section).

>From FOP 0.92 point of view, for header, footer, start and end, a (0,0)
co-odinates means which point? Suppose, we have margin, border, padding as
specified above?
Also, I presume, the width and height need to be the net one, without
considering the padding.

Am I assuming correct?

If possible, could you please let me know the some reading material that
explains the geometry, and also a sample Xsl:fo as well as PDF.

Please guide.

Regards,

Debasish
----