Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Prakash Reddy Bande <pr...@altair.com> on 2009/04/19 01:28:45 UTC

getVariableInfo from InstanceManagement api is null

Hello,

I have deployed and started a BPEL process in ode deployed in apache
tomcat.
http://localhost:9111/ode/instances.html displays the instance as
active.

I am using the following code to get variable info.
InstanceManagement im = new InstanceManagement();
InstanceManagementPortType instanceManagementPort =
im.getInstanceManagementPort();
TInstanceInfo instanceInfo =
instanceManagementPort.getInstanceInfo(1601);
String siid = instanceInfo.getRootScope().getSiid();
TScopeInfo scopeInfo =
instanceManagementPort.getScopeInfo(Long.parseLong(siid));
TVariableInfo variableInfo =
instanceManagementPort.getVariableInfo(scopeInfo.getSiid(),
"StartWorkflowIn"); // 2nd arg is
scopeInfo.variables.variableRef[0].name
if(variableInfo != null) {
	variableInfo.getValue();
}

But I get the variableInfo as null.

Please help.

Regards,

Prakash Reddy Bande
Altair Engg. Inc,
Troy, MI

Re: getVariableInfo from InstanceManagement api is null

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
One thing you may want to try is to do the equivalent of your Java code
through SOAPUI invocations and double-check the XML responses you get.  If
the response to getVariableInfo is empty (or null) then I'd suggest opening
a Jira issue and attach what you have.

alex

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Hhmmm.  it works for me except I've only tried with the Hibernate DAOs.   I

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.