Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/27 11:36:48 UTC

mxnet.apache.org very slow to load; uses 3rd party resources

I noticed that the Mxnet website is very slow to load (nearly 16 secs).

This seems to be due to trying to load widget.js from a 3rd party website.

Apart from the slow loading, I'm not sure this is allowed under the
new Privacy policy. [1]

There are also a couple of CSS files that are loaded remotely.

I think such 3rd party content should be downloaded to the Mxnet
website and served from there, as is required for Google fonts [2].
That should also fix the slow page loading.

Sebb
[1] https://privacy.apache.org/policies/privacy-policy-public.html
[2] https://privacy.apache.org/faq/committers.html#can-i-use-google-fonts

Re: mxnet.apache.org very slow to load; uses 3rd party resources

Posted by Joe Evans <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for bringing this up. As Macro mentioned, it looks like the script
for our blog integration is no longer available. We are working on fixing
this and switching to hosting additional js/css on our website instead of
fetching remotely.

Posted by Joe Evans <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marco de Abreu <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,