Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/11/06 18:17:01 UTC

BugRat Report #348 has been filed.

Bug report #348 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/348>

REPORT #348 Details.

Project: Ant
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 1.2
   JVM Release: 1.3
   Operating System: Windows NT
   OS Release: 4.0 SP 6
   Platform: Intel

Synopsis:
Can't create FTP task

I get the following error when trying to use the optional FTP task:

D:\User\Andrew\TestAnt\build.xml:6: Could not create task of type: ftp because I can't find it in the list of task class definitions.  Common solutions are: 1 execute bin/bootstrap. 2 use taskdef to declare your task. 3 add the task to defaults.properties.

I am using the zipped binary download from http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/ant/release/v1.2/bin/

Other optional tasks (i.e., renameext, junit) don't have this problem.