Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2006/02/06 17:39:46 UTC

Re: XmlSchema/Axiom/Policy

John Kaputin and I have found a few problems in XmlSchema while developing
Woden [1]. We've fixed some but do have some outstanding issues such as
adding a URI resolver framework and clearly defining an XmlSchema API
capable of both reading and writing schemas. I'd be in favour of creating
a 1.0 release plan with goals to resolve some of the major issues adopter
projects such as Woden have as opposed to just declaring the current state
as 1.0.

Lawrence Mandel

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/woden

Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>
02/06/2006 11:05 AM
Please respond to
general

commons-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
general@ws.apache.org, axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject
Re: XmlSchema/Axiom/Policy

I will see if I can get some tests whipped up this week. But, I would
like to point out that this code has been tested. While not via unit
tests, it is used in Axis, XFire, and other projects - which says
something about its stability IMO. So I would be more in favor of doing
a 1.0 and then a 1.1 later.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions LLC

Re: XmlSchema/Axiom/Policy

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
But of course. : ) Just sounded like XmlSchema 1.0 was going to be
declared based on the current code base and without any planning. I think
there should be a plan in place for the release so anyone that wants to
put in fixes or needs to put in enhancements has a time line defined.

Lawrence Mandel

Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>
02/07/2006 09:28 PM
Please respond to
woden-dev

commons-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
general@ws.apache.org, woden-dev@ws.apache.org, axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject
Re: XmlSchema/Axiom/Policy

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 11:39 -0500, Lawrence Mandel wrote:
> John Kaputin and I have found a few problems in XmlSchema while
developing
> Woden [1]. We've fixed some but do have some outstanding issues such as
> adding a URI resolver framework and clearly defining an XmlSchema API
> capable of both reading and writing schemas. I'd be in favour of
creating
> a 1.0 release plan with goals to resolve some of the major issues
adopter
> projects such as Woden have as opposed to just declaring the current
state
> as 1.0.

Can you guys help fix the problems please? I suggest opening up the
needed JIRAs, marking them as blockers for 1.0, fixing them and then
closing the issues :-).

Axis2 has been doing that for things that we've found .. and now Dan's
doing that for things he has found. So if everyone does their bit this
critical common component will become a reality!

Sanjiva.

Re: XmlSchema/Axiom/Policy

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.

Re: XmlSchema/Axiom/Policy