Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Simon Thurtle <si...@mainlink.co.uk> on 2003/07/10 09:56:17 UTC

[users@httpd] CGI question...

Hi all,
Probably a pretty dumb question but, do I need to add a Mod or change the
config on Apache 2 to enable CGI scripts and the like? Or does it do "out of
the box"?

Re: [users@httpd] CGI question...

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Simon Thurtle wrote:
> Probably a pretty dumb question but, do I need to add a Mod or change the
> config on Apache 2 to enable CGI scripts and the like? Or does it do "out
of
> the box"?

Have you studied http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/cgi.html ?

*) You will need to have the script interpreter installed, eg. perl.
*) The shebang in the scripts must point to the interpreter, eg.
/usr/bin/perl
*) Then you must see to that each script is in the ScriptAlias'ed directory,
   usually /usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin.
*) If you're on Windows, you may want to set ScriptInterpretSource to
   Registry. See:
   http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#scriptinterpretersource

If you want to be able to execute CGI's in other than the ScriptAlias
directory, there are other things to do, but let's take one step at a time.

Regards,
Robert Andersson